This event has now passed but if you are interested in the topic, please take a look at our new Remote Workshop Series based around wellbeing & education.
More info: learnlife.com/relearn-wellbeing
How schools can design their operations, spaces and programmes to put learners first.
Are you struggling to find a way to transition to a new kind of learning, caring for the mental health of your students and yourself, and following the government guidelines in the learning spaces - online and offline?
[RE]LEARN: "Wellbeing at the Heart of Learning" is an online seminar for educators, parents and the community focused on wellbeing & mental health issues - before, during and after 2020.
Join us for an online seminar for educators and parents that places wellbeing and associated mental health issues at the heart of the discussion about school operations, school design and learning programmes.
In a Pew Research study from 2018, over 70% of teens say anxiety & depression is a “major problem” (Pew Research, US, 2018). There are similar and equally alarming statistics from across the world.
A growing narrative in this last decade has been the increasing tsunami of mental health issues and wellbeing concerns connected to young people. It is a global epidemic. Add to that, with the uncertainty, fear and sudden lifestyle changes brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s time to have a serious discussion about wellbeing and schools.
Free live event: Well-being at the heart of learning
Learnlife Co-founder, Dr Stephen Harris, will host three 20 minute conversations around wellbeing, followed by a 30 minute live Q&A:
- Wellbeing at the core: what uncomfortable questions will arise if wellbeing is truly placed at the heart of school operation? with Louka Parry
- Learning space [re]design & wellbeing - as the world moves out of lockdown, how can we redesign our learning spaces? Is it necessary? With Danish Kurani & Sol Espoille
- Wellbeing & learning design – A total revamp. What could it look like? With Dr. Helen Griffith
You should attend if you want to learn:
- How to look after your learner's mental health.
- How to manage worry, fear, anxiety and negative emotions.
- How to deal with unknowns and uncertainties.
- How to structure the day to support restrictive movement.
- How schools play a critical role in supporting health and wellbeing of learners.
- How to facilitate realities working from home, temporary unemployment, homeschooling and lack of physical contact with other family members.
- About the rising epidemic of mental health issues in our children and how it needs a serious response and strategy.
- Practical ideas that can be put into action immediately.
Register now to join the free 90-minute online live session on June 30th with Q&A. We will be running this event twice (Session A & Session B) to allow for more time zones to be involved after the Global success of last April's event. Please find a list of timezones below.
Session A: 30 June 12:30 - 1:00pm CEST (Barcelona)
10:30pm - 12:00am New Zealand
8:30 - 10:00pm Sydney
8:00 - 9:30pm Adelaide
12:30 - 2:00pm Madrid/Berlin
11:30 - 1:00pm London
6:30 - 8:00am Atlanta
3:30 - 5:00am San Diego
Session B: 30 June: 6:00 - 7:30pm CEST (Barcelona)
9:00 - 10:30am San Diego
12:00 - 1:30pm Atlanta
5:00 - 6:30pm London
6:00 - 7:30pm Madrid/Berlin
1:30 - 3:00am Adelaide (July 1st)
2:00 - 3:30am Sydney (July 1st)
4:00 - 5:30am New Zealand (July 1st)
If you are unable to join during the live session, don't worry, we will record and share the event!
Remote Workshop Series:
Following the live event on June 30th, we will run three Remote Workshop Series on related topics in July. Grow your individual and school capacity to truly address the challenges of mental health, wellbeing and schools. More information soon!
- Remote Workshop Series 1: Wellbeing: what matters most!
A four week series that focuses on helping participants create a school-wide well-being priority, led by Louka Parry & Stephen Harris
- Remote Workshop Series 2: Wellbeing: Designing for the things that are killing us in schools
A four week series led by Danish Kurani that focuses on how redesigning the physical spaces of school can help solve some of education’s greatest current challenges.
- Remote Workshop Series 3: Wellbeing: a total revamp for schools
A four week series led by Dr Helen Griffith that focuses on placing a wellness agenda into the heart of a learning community’s operation and being.
Register now for our free event and receive more details about our upcoming Remote Workshop Series.
Dr. Stephen Harris
Co-Founder & Chief Learning Officer at Learnlife
Award-winning educator, speaker, facilitator and consultant
Learning Space Architect at Learnlife and founder of ARQUIKIDS
Architect, urban designer, lecturer and founder of design firm Kurani
Dr. Helen Griffith
Inaugural Executive Director of The Preuss School UC San Diego
Date and time