Steve Jobs did not allow his children to use iPads, and many top Silicon Valley executives send their offspring to a low-tech school. How much technology is too much, and what can parents do to get back in charge? Join Dr Anastasia Dedyukhina, who in a simple and entertaining manner will explain how technology changes our behaviour and affects our health, thinking, decision-making and creativity, and how you can manage your children’s screen time. She will share practical tips to grow healthy, intelligent and creative children and teens.
About our speaker:
Dr Anastasia Dedyukhina is a coach, TEDx speaker, Huffington Post blogger and author of Homo Distractus. She got rid of her smartphone as well as her senior international career in digital marketing, when she realised how dependent she had become on her gadget. She eventually set up Consciously Digital, a consultancy that helps people develop a healthier relationship with technology. She is frequently quoted in the press talking about tech-life balance.
About the THRIVE workshop series:
The challenges for a 21st Century parent are many: from device addiction to hormone-induced tantrums; from avoiding the perils of helicopter parenting to preparing your child for an unpredictable future.
“THRIVE: Forever Learning and Growing” is designed to provide parents with support for these challenges - to give you a space to meet other parents, share your story, learn about the latest research and trends in parenting, and gain practical tools and strategies that you can immediately start using with your children.
Each month our experts will facilitate interactive sessions on different hot topics in parenting. Upcoming sessions include:
- September 25 - Hungry to Learn: How to Nourish a Growth Mindset
- October 24 - Get Out of the Helicopter and Help Me Put on this Jetpack- Coaching Your Kids to Be Independent and Ready for a Complex, Fast-Paced Future
- November 21 - The Perils of Technology: How Can Parents Get Back in Charge?
- December 12 - The Superhero Inside: Discover and develop the natural talents of your family members
- January 23 - Talking to Teens: Become Your Child’s Best Coach
- February 13 - Beyond Tantrums and Threats: Strategies for healthy dialogue, conflict resolution, and collaborative problem solving with your child
- March 19 - Be Kind to Your Mind: Developing Positive Habits to Support Mental Health and Cognitive Functioning
- April 30 - Getting Intimate! Dating, Sex, and Pornography in the 21st Century
- May 21 - 21st Century Trends that Will Impact How Your Kids Learn, Live and Work
- Per session: €20 individual; €30 couple
- Full series: €150 individual; €250 couple
To register for the full parenting series or an individual session, please do here via our Eventbrite page.
Digital Wellness Expert
Date and time
C/ Enric Granados, 7
08007 Barcelona, Spain