Head of Learning (Primary & Secondary)
Are you passionate about developing learning programs and a team of learning guides/next generation teachers? Do you want to be part of an adventure with positive impact?
Learnlife is seeking a multi-talented Learning Head for its two hubs in Barcelona, Spain.
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ5_p-3NCA
We are looking for someone who will champion all of the following roles.
- Be the driver and guardian of the vision.
- Lead collaborative envisioning sessions.
- Deeply understand the paradigm and the vision.
- Communicate the vision and paradigm internally and externally.
- Lead cycle reviews to evaluate progress toward enacting the vision and to identify when practices or behaviours might not be aligned with the paradigm.
- Develop the learning team’s capacity to grow the vision.
- Be our culture champion.
- Constantly evaluate, diagnose, and intervene in order to maintain and grow a healthy culture of collaboration and learning.
- Foment team cohesion, well-being, and growth.
- Conflict resolution among and between teams
- Weekly well-being check-ins with LGs
- Weekly collaboration needs checkpoint
- Support well-being coordinator in identifying needs and designing interventions
- On the shoulder coaching of LGs
- Be in charge of professional development & model development
- Drive the identification of growth needs and lead or co-create workshops to support that growth.
- Drive innovation. Hold sessions to reflect upon needs and envision innovative solutions.
- Leadership trainings/conversations with program and studio leads
- Lead project Teams.
- Co-create strategic goals for the year.
- Lead trainings on how to run a project team.
- Check-in regularly with project teams.
- Co-Lead Hiring and Onboarding.
- Work with People & Culture Lead in all aspects of the hiring process--from recruitment to interviewing to onboarding.
- Design intake and onboarding program for new LGs.
- Ensure new hires receive ongoing coaching and support.
You will bring:
- Experience working in learning communities that serve 6-18 year olds
- Evidence of a long term commitment to educational innovation, both from a policy & paradigm perspective, as well as in-class approaches.
- 6-10+ years of leadership and an obvious passion for educational transformation and in-class innovation.
- Total fluency in English and Spanish.
- Service oriented leadership, be execution focused and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to initiate, improvise and negotiate and close deals.
- Total ‘people person’ and highly result oriented “go getter”.
- Flexibility, to handle shifting priorities and be highly intuitive.
- This is a startup! We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.
- High level collaboration skills, strong communicator, making things fun.
- Stable, calm and confident, available & accessible to all.
If you are up for your next challenge, please apply with
- your CV and/or portfolio,
- a short 1 minute video that introduces you, your interest in the position and your passion for education innovation. PLEASE upload your video as a URL (under website, Blog & Portfolio).
At Learnlife, our culture of creativity and innovation is predicated on a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive community where difference is valued. Everyone is unique and celebrated at Learnlife. All members of our community--families, learners, core team, partners, investors--feel safe to be their authentic selves.