Do you love to learn? Are you passionate about commercial and contract law? Do you want to participate in developing the school model of the future? Then, this may be the role for you …
Learnlife is seeking a multi-talented In-house Lawyer to join our Operations & HR team.
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ5_p-3NCA
This is a startup! So we are looking for someone who is collaborative, communicates well, understands the importance of strong personal relationships and thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment. You will be part of the operations and finance team.
You will play a vital role in supporting the COO in all legal matters:
- Offering accurate, relevant and timely advice to the business on a variety of legal issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and supporting the negotiation of various commercial and operational contracts and agreements.
- Coordinating with specialist external lawyers/specialists.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Drafting, maintaining and organising the company's style/template legal documents.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company, including managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Assisting the finance and operations team from time to time in other areas of the business e.g. risk management, people, tax.
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different products and services.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Support other central service teams with their legal needs (e.g. reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements)
- Providing training to the company on legal topics.
- A law degree from a recognised university and have a current practicing certificate (ideally in Spain).
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience gained in private practice and/or in-house.
- Ideally, experience in commercial and contract law. Experience in education and/or public administration law is valued.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Detail orientated at the same time as seeing the big picture.
- Strong understanding of business - experience of working with start-ups would be valued.
- Ability to think on your feet and find creative solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with, and understand the needs of, all parts of the business.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Enjoying a fast-paced, agile work environment being highly adaptable.
If you are up for your next challenge, please apply with
- your CV and/or portfolio,
- a short 1-minute video that introduces you, your interest in the position and your passion for an in-house lawyer role.
At Learnlife, our culture of creativity and innovation is predicated on a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive community where difference is valued. Everyone is unique and celebrated at Learnlife. All members of our community--families, learners, core team, partners, investors--feel safe to be their authentic selves.