Innovative Teacher Trainers
Do you love to learn? Are you passionate about working with both children and adults? Do you want to participate in training a generation of teachers in the new learning paradigm?
Learnlife is seeking multi-talented trainers to join our team, either connected to Barcelona hubs or remotely.
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ5_p-3NCA
You will play a vital role in shaping our training programs as we launch this year! In collaboration with our team of learning guides, you will design and implement engaging learning experiences for teachers, school leaders, funders, government officials and other paradigm champions in different forms: online modules, face-to-face workshops, ongoing coaching, co-creation sessions, and more.
This is not a traditional training position as we endeavour to provide high-quality, highly customized training at scale. All trainers will be connected to one of our innovation hubs, continuing to work in part with our learners so that they stay abreast of new learning innovations. Trainers can choose to work remotely--engaging with our remote hub and delivering remote training--or work at one of our physical hubs in Barcelona--delivering both remote and onsite training. Some trainers will also be able to travel to support our new hubs on site. Trainers can even opt for a blend of all of the above--remote training, travel, and on site. Trainers are expected to have at least one contact point with our young learners, but they can also choose to work up to 50% of their time as a learning guide. There is lots of flexibility.
This is a startup! So we are looking for people who are collaborative, communicate well, understand the importance of strong personal relationships and who thrive in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.
This is a non-static position. Everyone on our team is able to fill in for another member of the team. All trainers are also learning guides and all learning guides are leaders. We each lead some aspect of the programs we offer. You will be supported in this role by the whole team and receive one-on-one coaching, just as you will be expected to support others in their roles.
What a trainer does:
- Conduct intake processes with trainees
- Assess hubs’ training needs
- Design and facilitate trainings
- Evaluation and quality assurance of programs
- Consult for our hubs on any of our paradigm elements
- Liaise with our hubs team
- Coach learning guides and facilitate professional development
- Work with our content production team to design learning modules for our learning platform
- Collaborate with our tech team to design the best possible user experience for trainees
What a learning guide does:
- Act as a guide, coach, mentor, counsellor, passion pusher, facilitator, curator, and whatever else our learners need us to be for them.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional, agile team that develops engaging, effective learning experiences.
- Collaboratively design and participate in training and coaching sessions for learning guides and partners who work with our learners.
- Parent communication and engagement
- Co-develop systems for progress monitoring, authentic assessment, and learning interventions.
- Presentations and communication to prospective families.
- Stay current with trends, leading neuroscience and innovations, and research in learning science, instructional media, and learner behaviour.
You will bring:
- 8+ years of experience interacting with young people in innovative Learning Environments (6-18 years).
- 2+ years working as a education trainer
- Experience in developing and implementing learning experiences from ideation through implementation and analysis.
- Ability to quickly connect and build trust with anyone
- C2 level of English, bonus points for other languages
- Capacity to draw from a wide variety of learning methodologies and apply them appropriately based on the context and the learner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You are ready to learn from failure, ask for help when you need it, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error.
If you are up for your next challenge, please apply with
- your CV and/or portfolio,
- a short 1 minute video that introduces you, your interest in the position and your passion for education innovation. PLEASE upload your video as a URL (under website, Blog & Portfolio).
At Learnlife, our culture of creativity and innovation is predicated on a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive community where difference is valued. Everyone is unique and celebrated at Learnlife. All members of our community--families, learners, core team, partners, investors--feel safe to be their authentic selves.