Next Generation Science Teacher (ages 11-19)
Learnlife is seeking a seasoned, multi-talented Science specialist learning guide to lead the development of innovative, hands-on Chemistry/Physics/Biology programs.
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here:
You will play a vital role as the Science lead. In collaboration with our team of learning guides, you will design an innovative program that inspires a love of Science. Your involvement will be instrumental in growing and executing our vision for transdisciplinary, engaging Science.
This is not a traditional teaching position. There are no classes or grades or curriculum. Our learning guides co-design passion projects and learning experiences, facilitate nature- and discovery-based workshops, provide one-on-one accompaniment, and collaborate with our many partners to craft a purpose-inspired, experiential and community-engaged learning experience for all our learners.
This is a startup! So we are looking for someone who is collaborative, communicates well, understands the importance of strong personal relationships and who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.
In your role, you will:
- Co-design and lead Science programs for 11 to 19-year olds based on the Learnlife model. The design will be co-created with our Chief Learning Officer and Director of Learning Programs.
- Setup and maintain the pop-up Science lab.
- Mentor learners’ science-related projects.
- Work with the numeracy lead to develop transdisciplinary learning experiences.
- Train and coach the interns who will support you.
- Document the development of the Science programs.
- Connect with external science-related organisations to develop opportunities for collaboration.
You will bring:
- 4+ years experience working with 11-19 year-olds, most of which is in innovative learning environments.
- Experience developing and delivering non-traditional Science programs.
- Ability to quickly connect and build trust with children.
- C2 level of English, it would be nice to have a C1 or higher in Spanish.
- Capacity to draw from a wide variety of learning methodologies and apply them appropriately based on the context and the learner.
- Experience in developing and implementing learning experiences from ideation through implementation and analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You are ready to learn from failure, ask for help when you need it, embrace an iterative process.
If you are up for your next challenge, please apply with:
- Your CV and/or portfolio,
- a brief letter (no more than one typed page) that outlines your vision for a science program that is aligned with Learnlife’s model,
- a short 2 minute video that introduces you, your interest in the position and your passion as an educator.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Learnlife
At Learnlife, our culture of creativity and innovation is predicated on a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive community where difference is valued. Everyone is unique and celebrated at Learnlife. All members of our community - families, learners, core team, partners, investors - feel safe to be their authentic selves.