Outreach Internship Opportunity
Do you love to learn? Are you passionate about working with youth? Do you want to participate in the creation of the school of the future? Our Dream School is seeking a multi-talented intern to support our youth cohorts.
Our Dream School’s mission is create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong learners and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations.
You will play a vital role in helping to develop opportunities for our learners to volunteer, intern, job shadow and participate in off-site activities.
This is not a traditional education internship. There are no classes or grades or curriculum at Our Dream School. Our learning guides co-design passion projects and learning experiences with our learners, facilitate personal development workshops, provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring, and collaborate with our many partners to craft a purpose-inspired, personal, experiential and community-engaged learning experience for all our learners.
This is a startup! So we are looking for someone who is collaborative, communicates well, understands the importance of strong personal relationships and thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.
This is a non-static, hands-on internship. We will coach you on how to do all of these effectively:
- Reach out to volunteer organizations to arrange volunteer opportunities for our learners. This will include: developing and managing a volunteer opportunity database, calling and meeting with organizations, and recruiting learners to participate in these opportunities.
- Creating a pre-service training for learners so they are adequately prepared to represent Our Dream School in the community and fully enjoy and contribute to their volunteer, internship or excursion experience.
- Quality control for volunteer, intern and shadowing experiences. This will include surveying learners on their experience and coaching our partners on how to improve based on learners’ feedback.
- Manage logistics and parent communication for volunteer, internship and shadowing experiences.
- Ability to connect quickly and build trust.
- Experience with outreach and community relationship building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in English and Spanish (Catalan a plus).
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Ready to learn from failure and embrace an iterative process, understanding that success comes sooner with trial and error.
- Flexible and open-minded, especially working in a startup environment. Successful candidates are optimistic, generative and open to new ideas and ways of working.
The internship is unpaid, but you will gain valuable experience for your CV through working on a wide variety of tasks and through ongoing coaching. This will give you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. As Our Dream School is still in startup mode, you will have greater responsibility than in other internships, and you will have the chance to make areal impact on the lives of our learners and the development of a model that will impact youth worldwide. The Our Dream School model is based on rapid scalability. An internship with us will certainly make you look like a more attractive candidate to fill positions as we quickly grow worldwide. We also provide assistance in applying for grants like Erasmus+.
Time engagement: 20 hours per week
Length of the internship: 6-9 months
Application period: Ongoing
Start date: Flexible
How to Apply
Please send us your CV and a 2-3 minute video that describes A) why you are interested B) why you would be good in the role and C) how you can grow the vision of Our Dream School. Feel free to email us with any questions you have that will help you answer these questions.