Senior Full-Stack Developer, remote (Europe, Brazil)
Are you looking for a new adventure with a positive impact?
At Learnlife we are on the mission to build an open ecosystem for a new lifelong learning paradigm to positively change education worldwide. We empower learners, educators, schools, and governments through a new learner-centered paradigm that focuses on purpose-inspired and personal learning.
A little bit about us
Learnlife is based in Barcelona, where we also have opened our first Learning HUB (1200m2 @ Enrique Granados 7). We are an educational startup in the early phase with a team of thirty people in total and with six people working full-time on the digital part of the ecosystem we are building.
Last year, we had our first seed investment round, which we secured during the June 2019 when we raised €3,1m in partnership with 19 entrepreneurial supporters from 11 countries. The funding round was led by BPO Capital, a vehicle of Benjamin Otto (Germany), an active shareholder of the Otto Group and co-founder of About You.
We believe in empowered and autonomous teams, positive relationships, empathetic collaboration, growth through adventure, fair communities, and a culture of constructive transparency and honesty.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing team. As someone coming into such a pivotal role in the company, you will influence how our products look, work, behave and feel over the coming years.
You should send us an application if you:
- Are searching for a startup-like environment with solid funding.
- Have experience working on remote and in the ideal case also in the startup environment.
- Are looking for a full-stack senior software engineering role, and you’ve spent in the role already several years.
- Are able to step outside your role description and do what is needed in order to help the team succeed.
- Love technology and are hungry to learn.
- Love to collaborate in a cross-functional team.
- Are a great communicator (English).
- Could solve problems independently.
- Are based in Europe or Brazil.
- Having an active profile on Github with several open-source contributions under your belt isn’t required, but it is a big plus.
Our tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Nginx, Unicorn, AWS
How will your working day look like
You will start your day when you want in the morning and decide for yourself where you’re going to work. The whole team usually work remotely, but there are certain periods when we gladly go to our office in Ostrava, Czech Republic or Barcelona, Spain.
First thing in the morning, we have an asynchronous stand-up via Basecamp.
We usually summarize the previous day’s issues as well as tasks for the current day at the stand-up.
Everyone then works on their assignments during the day, and any other potential communication is carried on via Basecamp/Github/Calls. Nobody checks anybody as for when and how they work – only the results are important.
During the day and at the end of it, we commit the work in a standard way to Github where another developer always performs code review for you after you have completed a task.
Currently, we have 4-weeks long development cycles. The first week of the cycle is from a big part focused on planning and is, therefore, more meeting heavy than other weeks.