UX Product Designer, remote (Timezones: GMT to GMT-3/4)
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong self-directed learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here:
Learnlife is seeking a seasoned, multi-talented Product Designer / UX to influence how our products look, work, behave and feel over the coming years.
We’re looking for a senior Product Designer to join our growing team to help design future of learning tools.
What you'll be doing
- Embedding in a product team and partnering with engineers, product managers, visual designers to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch and doing research — and then continue to improve it after it releases to our users.
- UX process and design of MVP and prototypes.
- Mixing your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to design valuable features for our users.
- Understanding business/customer needs and connecting them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings.
- Fostering a culture of design, product and customer-centric approach.
You should have
- Minimum of 4 years experience designing and shipping a web/app product for a variety of devices and platforms.
- Strategic product thinking and vision. You’re more concerned with the working on the right product than working the right way.
- Excitement to dig into experiment data to help inform design iterations and whether something should ship.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for solutions.
- A high level of craft and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English accompanied by good EQ and resilience.
- Experience with SW for designers (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar). We use Adobe XD.
- Solving problems independently or in collaborative environment. Self-motivation to find answers.
- Work in GMT (EU) or GMT-3/4 (East Americas) timezones or between.
- Experience or willingness to mentor other designers.
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Interface animations know-how.
How will your working day look like
You will start your day when you want in the morning and decide for yourself where you’re going to work. The whole product/design team works remotely, but there are certain periods when we gladly go to our office in Ostrava, Czech Republic or Barcelona, Spain.
First thing in the morning, we have an asynchronous stand-up via Basecamp.
We usually summarise the previous day’s issues as well as tasks for the current day at the stand-up.
Everyone then works on their assignments during the day, and any other potential communication is carried on via Basecamp / Github / calls / Adobe XD. Nobody checks anybody as for when and how they work – only the results are important.
During the day and at the end of it, we sync our work with others to keep the team in the loop.
Currently, we have 4-weeks long development cycles. The first week of the cycle is from a big part focused on planning and is, therefore, more meeting heavy than other weeks.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please send a short summary of your work experience and portfolio of your work. Please also upload a 1 minute video where you explain what attracts you about this role.